Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame
Induction Ceremony Luncheon
- Friday, 15 October 2021
- TALKING STICK RESORT
- 9800 E Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale.
- REGISTRATION FOR INDUCTION CEREMONY LUNCHEON:
- If paying online by Credit Card click>>>>>EVENTBRITE<<<<<
- To pay by Check or Money Order, download the mail-in registration form by clicking>>>>>HERE<<<<<
- (1) REGISTRATION WILL BECOME ACTIVE AFTER INDUCTEES HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE GOVERNOR.
- (2) Early Bird Registrations ($60/person) must be COMPLETED or POSTMARKED No Later Than Saturday, September 25th.
- (3) Standard Registration ($70/person) must be COMPLETED or POSTMARKED No Later Than Saturday, October 2nd.
VALET PARKING: Free at main entrance (tip expected)
QUESTIONS: Most questions can be answered by viewing or downloading the above registration form. Another option is to view or download these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
STAYING OVERNIGHT? Please take advantage of our special rate at the Talking Stick Resort which is good for the following nights of October 2021. Thursday, Oct. 14th, Friday, Oct. 15th, and Saturday, Oct. 16th. (Nightly Room Rate: $109 plus tax and $25 resort fees)
REGISTER FOR ROOMS ONLINE: >>>>TALKINGSTICKRESORT<<<<
- Nightly Room Rate: $109 plus tax & $25 Resort fees.
- Rate Code: UNIFIED ARIZONA VETERANS *OR* 21310 (you must ask for this rate code)
- Cutoff Date For Discount: (TBA, limited number available, so register early)
- Reservations Are Available Commencing August 16th, 2021:
- TOLL FREE 866-877-9897, Option 2, (6:30AM-10PM)
- *OR LOCAL NUMBER* 480-850-7777 (7:30AM-9:30PM)
Veterans and the public who do not have access to the Registration form on the website www.azuav.org, please contact Carol Culbertson, Secretary, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, cell (602) 799-9480, to have the form mailed to you.
For general information about the Induction Ceremony and luncheon, please contact Carol Culbertson, Secretary, Unified Arizona Veterans, at email: email@example.com, cell (602) 799-9480.
Points of Contact: Carol Culbertson, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org, cell (602) 799-9480; Reggie Yates, Event Chair, email@example.com, cell (602) 373-0703
Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame 2021 Inductees:
Dennis Murray Bash, Navy veteran, Surprise
Carl Douglas Commenator, Air Force veteran, Green Valley
James Daniel Cullison, Air Force veteran, Scottsdale
Richard Gonzales Fimbres, Army veteran, Tucson
Joe Donald Frame, Navy veteran, Buckeye
Anne Elizabeth Gartner, Navy veteran, Tucson
Kenneth Dale King, Navy veteran, Phoenix
Martha Ann Kuhns, Army veteran, Phoenix
John James Macrone, Jr., Army veteran, Scottsdale
William Ronald Norwood, Air Force veteran, Mesa
Herschel Eugene Patterson, Air Force veteran, Yuma
Paul Andrew Smiley, Air Force veteran, Goodyear
Patrick Claude Stolze, Army veteran, Chandler
Christeen B. Verchot, Air Force veteran, Phoenix
Billy Lamar Ward, Army veteran, Mesa
Joseph Axle Wood, Army veteran, Sierra Vista
Army Veteran Lori Ann Piestewa Veteran Family Scholarship
On Saturday, 6 June 2020, the UAV awarded its inaugural Veteran Family Scholarship to the two children of Lori Ann Piestewa, Brandon Whiterock and Carla Lynn Piestewa. Due to COVID-19 restrictions to large gatherings, the event was restricted to six participants. The UAV is grateful to Pro One Media Productions of Scottsdale for allowing us to use their facility and staff support for this event. We also thank the Arizona Lottery for their continued support of these scholarships.
Left to right is Rob Welch, UAV Scholarship Chair, Hopi Vice Chair Clark W. Tenakhongva, Carla L. Piestewa, Grandmother Percy Baca Piestewa, Brandon T. Whiterock, and the Director of AZ Dept. of Veterans’ Services Colonel Wanda Wright.
Click on 13 minute video to view the presentation.
- Participants report at 09:30 am
- Ceremony starts at 10:55 am
- Wesley Bolin Plaza, 17th Ave. & Washington, Phoenix.
- To sign up, contact Committee Chair Judy Hatch at 602-628-7089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: Registration for wreath laying ends 17 Nov.
Patriotic Awards Luncheon
Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame Society event
- Friday 11:00 am, 1 Apr 2022 (tentative)
- Hilton Doubletree Scottsdale
- 5401 N. Scottsdale Road,
- Scottsdale, AZ 85250
- See the AVHOF Society website for further details and for registering to attend.
- The UAV will be presenting the Copper Shield and Copper Star (Bucky O’Neill) awards as well as veteran scholarships.