Army Veteran Lori Ann Piestewa Veteran Family Scholarship
On Saturday, 6 June 2020, the UAV awarded its inaugural Veteran Family Scholarship to the two children of Lori Ann Piestewa, Brandon Whiterock and Carla Lynn Piestewa. Due to COVID-19 restrictions to large gatherings, the event was restricted to six participants. The UAV is grateful to Pro One Media Productions of Scottsdale for allowing us to use their facility and staff support for this event. We also thank the Arizona Lottery for their continued support of these scholarships.
Left to right is Rob Welch, UAV Scholarship Chair, Hopi Vice Chair Clark W. Tenakhongva, Carla L. Piestewa, Grandmother Percy Baca Piestewa, Brandon T. Whiterock, and the Director of AZ Dept. of Veterans’ Services Colonel Wanda Wright.
Click on 13 minute video to view the presentation.
Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame
Induction Ceremony Luncheon
- Friday morning, 23 October 2020
- TALKING STICK RESORT
- 9800 E Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale.
FOR HONOREES OF THE CLASS OF 2020 ONLY
- If paying online by Credit Card click on EVENTBRITE. (PENDING)
- If Honorees wish to purchase meals for additional guests by Check or Money Order, Honorees may download a mail-in registration form by clicking on DOWNLOAD (PENDING) ( ¹ ) ( ² ) ( ³ )
REGISTRATION FOR ALL OTHER ATTENDEES & ORGANIZATIONS
- If paying online by Credit Card click on EVENTBRITE
- To pay by Check or Money Order, download the mail-in registration form by clicking on DOWNLOAD. (PENDING) ( ¹ ) ( ² ) ( ³ )
- (1) REGISTRATION WILL BECOME ACTIVE AFTER INDUCTEES HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE GOVERNOR.
- (2) Early Bird Registrations ($55/person) must be received NLT Monday, 9/30.
- (3) Registration ($65/person) must be received NLT 4:30 PM, Monday, October 7th.
VALET PARKING: Free at main entrance (tip expected)
QUESTIONS: Most questions can be answered by viewing or downloading the above registration form. Another option is to view or download these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). (PENDING)
STAYING OVERNIGHT? Please take advantage of our special rate at the Talking Stick Resort which is good for the nights of the 17th, 18th, and 19th of October 2019. (PENDING)
- Nightly Room Rate: Thursday 10/17, Friday 10/18 and Saturday 10/19 $109.00 plus tax & $25 Resort fees (total is around $150/night)
- Rate Code: UNIFIED ARIZONA VETERANS 18639 (you must ask for this rate code)
- Cutoff Date For Discount: (TBA, limited number available, so register early)
- Reservations: 866-877-9897 Commencing 8 July 2020. (PENDING)
- Participants report at 09:30 am
- Ceremony starts at 10:55 am
- Monday, 7 December 2020
- Wesley Bolin Plaza, 17th Ave. & Washington, Phoenix.
- To sign up, contact Committee Chair Judy Hatch at 602-628-7089 or email@example.com
- NOTE: Registration for wreath laying ends 17 Nov.
Patriotic Awards Luncheon
C A N C E L L E D
– Cancelled due to COVID-19 Restrictions –
Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame Society event
- Friday 11:00 am, 8 May 2020
- Hilton Doubletree Scottsdale
- 5401 N. Scottsdale Road,
- Scottsdale, AZ 85250
- See the AVHOF Society website for further details and for registering to attend.
- The UAV will be presenting the Copper Shield and Copper Star (Bucky O’Neill) awards as well as veteran scholarships.